Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

This epic trilogy is one of the greatest undertakings in motion picture history. I remember when the first one came out, and I scrambled to read the book as quickly as possible before rushing out to the theaters. I am so happy that I did. These books are splendidly woven tales of fantasy and imagination mixed with real issues like war, friendship and love. If there are actually people out there who have not already seen these films, I would definitely recommend reading the books first. Unlike many film adaptations, I think that seeing these movies enhances my enjoyment of the series. There were some details that I had missed or forgotten while ploughing through the books. But there are also so many wonderful adventures that are not included in the film versions, and any fan should really get the whole picture.

No comments:


Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Rear Window

A Streetcar Named Desire

Some Like it Hot