Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Breakfast Club

I am a little surprised is has taken me this long to post a summary of this 80s classic. I remember the first time I ever watched it. It was about 3 in the morning and I could not sleep at all. My dad was also awake, and he told me that The Breakfast Club was starting in 10 minutes. I had never heard of it. I think I was about 14 or 15 years old at the time. He did not stay up to watch it with me, but I remember being completely mesmerized. I urged everyone I knew to see this film throughout all of high school. It is really a teenage anthem in movie form. I hope that everyone has a chance to see this one before the end of adolescence, but if not, it is totally worth seeing anyway! Five teenagers from different cliques are forced to spend a Saturday together in detention. They discover they have a lot more in common than they thought. It is a truly emotional film about what people really think and feel under the surface. The best of the "Brat Pack" films for sure.

No comments:


Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Rear Window

A Streetcar Named Desire

Some Like it Hot