Friday, November 7, 2008

Heathers

I am sure I will be criticized for this one, but I think Heathers is a classic satire about life in the popular clique. This Mean Girls of the 80s is a black comedy about the effects of suicide among the high school elite. Winona Ryder meets Christian Slater, and from there her life is swept up in a whirlwind of deadly mistakes she cannot reverse. Slater plays J.D., a tainted youth who seduces Ryder's character, Veronica, with his charm and wit. Part of the reason I include this film on my list is its misleading reputation. Before seeing it myself, I had heard it was about suicide becoming trendy. This is not at all the plot of this film, but it definitely must be seen to be believed.

No comments:


Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Rear Window

A Streetcar Named Desire

Some Like it Hot