Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Soylent Green

I am sure I have already mentioned my general aversion to 70s films, but this one is actually worth seeing once. I would recommend just renting it without reading the synopsis. It is one of those films that would be much better as a surprise. A classic Charlton Heston role, this movie features a futuristic and overpopulated world where food is scarce and people will do anything to get it. In many ways, this version of society steps backward, rather than forward. I find this to be the most interesting and distinguishing characteristic of the film. In this world, humanity actually becomes more primitive as desperation rises.

No comments:


Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Rear Window

A Streetcar Named Desire

Some Like it Hot