Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Taxi Driver

I must admit that I am not the biggest fan of movies from the 70s. I think the picture quality is completely lacking, and the humor is somewhat lost on me. With that being said, Taxi Driver was beautifully done. The camera work was very good, and of course, since it was a Martin Scorsese film, the violence was purposeful and effective. The view of the "scum of the earth" in New York City was eye-opening, and very progressive for the time. I have not seen many Scorsese films, but this one has impressed me the most thus far. Robert DeNiro plays a Vietnam veteran whose insomnia leads to a night life as a taxi driver. Jodie Foster also delivers a memorable performance as a 13-year-old prostitute.

No comments:


Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Rear Window

A Streetcar Named Desire

Some Like it Hot