Monday, December 1, 2008

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

December is upon us and with it comes the holiday season. I am dedicating this month to a celebration of holiday pictures. I have already written commentaries on Holiday Inn, White Christmas and It's a Wonderful Life in past months, so I am not going to repeat myself. I do, however, want to reiterate that each of those films are amazing.
The first entry is for Dr. Suess's classic story, How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I thoroughly enjoy both the cartoon version from 1966 and the 2000 version starring Jim Carrey. I cannot remember a Christmas that did not include this sweet and moving story. We are all guilty of getting caught up in the commercial side of Christmas, and Dr. Suess works to remind us that Christmas is about love, family and joy above all else. Not just for kids, this story is for everyone!

No comments:


Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre

Rear Window

A Streetcar Named Desire

Some Like it Hot